WALTER L. McDONOUGH is a partner is the firm’s Toxic Tort group. He also practices products liability and railroad defense. Mr. McDonough is licensed to practice in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. He has represented Norfolk Southern Corporation, CSX Transportation, Consolidated Rail Corporation, and the New Jersey Transit Rail Operations, Inc.
Mr. McDonough has tried dozens of cases to verdict throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey and has been a frequent lecturer on trial tactics and techniques for the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, the National Business Institute, and the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel. In 2007, he gave a seminar, “Winning Your First Civil Trial,” to the National Business Institute. He is admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. McDonough is a 1976 graduate of Franklin & Marshall College with a Bachelor of Arts in Government. In 1979, Mr. McDonough obtained his Juris Doctor Degree from Boston College Law School. Mr. McDonough is the editor of the firm’s quarterly newsletter, Sidebar.
Mr. McDonough has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer since 2012, is peer-rated AV Preeminent (highest rating) by Martindale-Hubbell, and was recently selected by American Lawyer as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation Law.
Areas of Practice
- Product Liability Defense
- 1993 New Jersey
- 1990 New York
- 1979 Pennsylvania
- 1979 Boston College Law School Newton, MA J.D.
- 1976 Franklin and Marshall College Lancaster, PA A.B. Major: Government
- Boston College Law School Alumni Association of Philadelphia - President, 2002-2009
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- All Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York State Courts
- Cross Examination of an Orthopedic Physician Pennsylvania Defense Institute, 2001
- Trial Techniques Pennsylvania Defense Institute, 2000
- Presenting Expert Testimony Pennsylvania Defense Institute, 1997
- Medical and Legal Aspects of Disability Pennsylvania Defense Institute, 1997
- Norfolk Southern Corporation
- CSX Transportation
- Consolidated Rail Corporation
- New Jersey Transit Rail Operations, Inc.
- The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.
- New York, Susquehanna and Western Railway Corporation
- Winning Your First Civil Trial National Business Institute, 2007
- Tactics and Strategies for Preparation and Trial of the Pennsylvania Soft Tissue Case National Business Institute, 2005
- Advanced Trial Advocacy in Pennsylvania National Business Institute, 2004
- Trying the Wrongful Death Case in Pennsylvania National Business Institute, 2004
- Damages in Pennsylvania Civil Practice National Business Institute, 2003
- How to Litigate Your First Civil Trial in Pennsylvania National Business Institute, 2002
CONTACT Walter L. McDonough
/ (215) 299-4363 (phone)
/ (215) 299- 4301 (fax)