L. JOHN ARGENTO brings to Swartz Campbell extensive experience as an active litigator at both the trial and appellate court levels throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia. He concentrates his practice in Civil Litigation, particularly Personal Injury, Products Liability, Toxic Tort, Environmental, Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith, Commercial, Construction, Premises Liability, Subrogation, Silica and Asbestos Litigation.
Mr. Argento is National Coordinating Counsel for two multi-national corporations. In this role, he is actively involved in the defense as well as directing and supervising local counsel throughout the country.
Mr. Argento has been recognized by the publishers of Philadelphia Magazine and the Pennsylvania edition of Super Lawyers magazine as being among the top 5 percent of practitioners in his practice specialty within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for several years.
Areas of Practice
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- 1997 West Virginia
- 1983 Pennsylvania
- 1983 University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania J.D.
- 1980 Dickinson College Carlisle, Pennsylvania Cum Laude
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- United States Court of Appeal for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Fairmount Minerals, Ltd.
- Travelers Insurance Companies
- Honeywell, Inc.
- Nationwide Insurance
- Companies Cooper Industries
- Parmelee Industries
- Badger Mining Corporation Anthony Crane Rental, LP
- John Deklewa & Sons, Inc.
- Dempster v. Waste Management Inc., 41. Pa. D. & C. 4th 401 (1998), aff'd, 736 A.2d 687 (Pa. Super. 1999), appeal denied, 559 Pa. 666, 739 A.2d 166 (Pa. 1999), cert. denied, 548 U.S. 872 (1999).
- Jeffrey J. Sikirica, as Trustee of Pittsburgh Beauty Academy, Inc. v. Nationwide Insurance Co, 416 F.3rd 214 (3rd Circuit 2005).
- Haase v. Badger Mining Corporation, 682 NW 2nd 389 (Sup. Ct. Wisc. 2004).
CONTACT Argento, L. John
/ (412) 456-5412 (phone)
/ (412) 471-1107 (fax)