JANE A. LOMBARD is current department chair of the Worker’s Compensation Group at Swartz Campbell LLC and a member of the firm’s management committee. She is a graduate of the Dickinson School of Law and LaSalle University. She restricts her practice to representing Pennsylvania Self-Insured employers and insurers with respect to worker’s compensation matters. Her practice includes advising employers in the pre-litigation phase, handling all matters before WC Judges and through the Appellate levels. She has argued several cases before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court. She is a past co-chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association WC Section and a current member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association and Pennsylvania Defense Institute.
Ms. Lombard enjoys writing and speaking on worker’s compensation topics and has been a seminar presenter for Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Defense Institute, National Business Institute, Lorman and individual employers and insurers throughout Pennsylvania. She has published articles on Pennsylvania worker’s compensation topics in the Pennsylvania Self-Insurance Association newsletter and the Legal Intellingencer.
Ms. Lombard earned her law degree from The Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, PA. In 2006, Ms. Lombard was selected as a Top 50 Female Lawyer in Pennsylvania.
- 1987 Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, PA JD
- 1984 LaSalle University Philadelphia, PA B.A. Political Science cum laude
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Philadelphia Bar Association, workers' compensation section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, workers' compensation section
- 1988 U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Conagra Foods
- Lowe's Home Improvement
- Main Line Health Systems
- Marriott International
- New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company
- Rohm and Haas
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Worker's Compensation in Pennsylvania National Business Institute, 1997
- Medical Reimbursement Under Act 44 Lorman Association, 1995
- Joyce v. WCAB, 680 A.2d 85 Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 1996
- Joyce v. WCAB, 705 A.2d 417 Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 1997
- 1988 - present Swartz Campbell, LLC Two Liberty Place, 28 th Floor 50 S. 16th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Equity Partner
- Chair Philadelphia Workers Compensation group
- Practice is devoted to representing self insured employers and insurance carriers in Pennsylvania workers compensation matters
- Handles workers compensation cases from prelitigation counseling phase through appellate stage having successfully argued before Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court and Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell (highest available rating)
- Voted Pennsylvania Super Lawyer 2005-2007 named among top 50 female attorneys in Pennsylvania 2006-2007
- Past co-chair of Philadelphia Bar Association, workers compensation section
- Frequent lecturer and seminar presenter on Pennsylvania workers' compensation topics.
CONTACT Jane A. Lombard
/ (215) 299-4278 (phone)
/ (215) 299-4301 (fax)