WILLIAM F. CONWAY, a partner in the Philadelphia office, specializes in insurance defense. He is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, New York and Massachusetts.
Mr. Conway graduated from Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY with a B.S. in Business Management, (1986), and then earned his Masters of Business Administration from Clarkson University in Potsdam, NY, (1987). He graduated from Albany Law School of Union University in Albany, NY (1994). After graduating law school, he practiced plaintiff and defense personal injury, general liability, business/commercial law and insurance defense law in New York State before relocating to Pennsylvania.
Prior to law school, Mr. Conway owned and operated his own contracting business in New York for several years remodeling kitchens, bathrooms, building additions and other various construction projects. He volunteered and donated his skills to charity including assisting in the construction of a recreational facility at the Firemen’s Home in Hudson, NY, a nursing home caring for volunteer firemen. In 1998, he obtained a $3.65 million dollar verdict in New York Supreme Court, Rensselaer County in a case involving a one-car rollover accident. It was at that point in time the largest personal injury verdict in that county.
After moving to Pennsylvania, Mr. Conway has concentrated on complex litigation, business/commercial matters and class action insurance defense cases and has been involved in handling multimillion dollar litigation associated with multifarious insurance issues in Florida, Texas, California, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and other states. He has been involved in compiling, managing and analyzing discovery related issues associated with millions of pages of documentation. He also works on UM/UIM insurance and bad faith cases in Pennsylvania.
In 2006, Mr. Conway presented to Erie Insurance Selected Issues Involving UM/UIM Claims, Wrongful Death and Survival Actions.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Class Action
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Insurance Law
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury
- Torts Law
- 2001 Massachusetts
- 2001 Pennsylvania
- 1995 New York
- 1994 Albany Law School Union University Albany, NY J.D.
- 1987 Clarkson University Potsdam, NY M.B.A. Major: Business Management
- 1986 Ithaca College Ithaca, NY B.S. Major: Business Management
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, (Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico)
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit (New York, Connecticut and Vermont)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Admissions to various Courts around the country Pro Hac Vice
- Vander Veer v. Henderson, et. al., 267 A.D.2d 584, 699 N.Y.S.2d 223 (3d Dept. 1999). Successfully represented 80 year old female plaintiff in a black ice parking lot slip and fall case including winning an appeal.
- Enders v. Boggs v. County of Schoharie, 178 Misc.2d 528, 679 N.Y.S. 561 (Sup. Ct. Rensselaer County, 1998). Represented plaintiff passenger in a one car roll-over resulting in the then largest jury verdict ever in Rensselaer County NY, $3.65 million dollars.
- Enders v. Boggs, New York State Jury Verdict Review & Analysis, Vol. 15, Issue 11, November 1998 – featured article on the multi-million dollar verdict in this case.
- Leonard v. Igoe, et. al., 178 Misc. 2d 385, 678 N.Y.S.2d 842 (Sup. Ct. Albany County 1998). Successfully defended owner of property adjacent to land locked property purchased by plaintiff in an easement dispute. Plaintiff sought access to his recently purchased land locked property over my client's property.
- Beroutsos v. Six Flags Theme Parks, Inc., et. al., 185 Misc.2d 557, 713 N.Y.S. 2d 640 (Sup. Ct. New York County 2000). Successfully represented plaintiff who sustained cervical injuries while riding a roller coaster.
- Saratoga Harness Racing, Inc. v. E. Guy Roemer, et. al., 274 A.D.2d 887, 711 N.Y.S. 603 (3d Dep't 2000). Represented Saratoga Harness Racing in an action against its former attorney over billing practices.
- Weather v. North America Recycling Corp., 255 A.D.2d 666; 679 N.Y.S.2d 213; 1998 (3d Dep't 1998). Successfully defended a plaintiff driver on a counter-claim in a motor vehicle accident including an appeal of the decision.
- Lombardi v. Alff, 174 Misc.2d 322, 664 N.Y.S.2d 969 (Sup. Ct. Saratoga County 1996). Successfully defended a plaintiff passenger in a serious injury threshold motion.
CONTACT William F. Conway
/ (215) 299-4270 (phone)
/ (215) 299-4301 (fax)